Homeowners Insurance:

(Physical Structures)

As with vehicle insurance, most leading insurers in RSA would offer homeowners insurance as a standard product feature. Most RSA banks also offer homeowners insurance along with their bond finance.
Given the high number of insurers offering this cover and the vast many different cover and benefit options, clients should take the time to peruse all before selection.

In fact the smartest thing you can do is get a broker to do it for you!


Home Owners insurance cover areas may include:

(the physical structures of your home)

  • Fire or explosions and lightning.
  • Unforeseen damage.
  • Natural disasters such as flood, storms, snow, hail, earthquakes and other.
  • Burst pipes, faulty water systems.
  • Theft that caused damages to the property. (by violent entry)
  • Erosion or subsidence/
  • Breakage or collapse of radio/television aerials or dishes.


Also note the following:

  • Consider your excess structure options (the first amount payable by you with any claim)
  • Would you receive any rewards or bonuses for not claiming?
  • Does your product offer temporary accommodation in the vent of a loss?
  • Including the costs of fire brigade or other emergency services?
  • Property owners liability cover – included?
  • Are you covered for loss of rent or rental income?
  • Do you have access to guards to protect the property in the event of a loss?
  • What does your emergency assistance offers as part of the package?
  • If you have more than one geyser within the structure are they all covered or must you stipulate the number of geysers?
  • Are you covered for swimming pool pumps, borehole pumps, gate motors and other?
Broker Directory – Smart insurance advice brought to you by professional insurance brokers!